Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Welcome to New Readers!

To anyone reading this blog after meeting me at Boston Comicon earlier today, welcome! I'm so happy you decided to check my humble little website out. Every page view makes a rainbow in my heart, it really means a lot you don't even know.

I not only showcase my illustrations and sketches here, I also write (an awful lot some would say) about drawing, animation, film, literature, and anything else interesting that comes up. (For example, right now, I'm in the middle of a vintage paleoart kick.) Note that comments are moderated, but welcome. Some of my favorite older features are listed in this anniversary post.

I'll have my Comicon thoughts after they're organized, hopefully there will be a new post this coming Tuesday, maybe a little later and more off-the-cuff than usual. It is going to take me a long time to sort through my freebies, purchases, photos, sketches, and contacts. As always, I've had a lot of fun and met a lot of really awesome people and exchanged lots of business cards with other illustrators. Illustration isn't a very social career choice, so anytime large numbers of artists get to talk face-to-face is wonderful. (Plus, it's like Christmas 2 if you like to read.)

My DeviantArt Page can be found here, and if you'd like your own Awesome Overload shirt, my Zazzle Store is here. (As a word of warning, Zazzle unisex tees run a little large.)

For those of you standing, please hold on to the handrails throughout our journey and stay clear of the doors. Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas! For the comfort of others, no smoking please. Thank you, and welcome to our highway in the sky!

----

Art of the Day!

Instead of the usual sketch of the day, here's a grab-bag of a few character designs and drawings from observation (highlights from my portfolio in other words). These are all from Flickr, so click the image to see it big:

Maine Wildlife Park - Bull Moose

Woodpecker sketch

Dragon #551, in color, sans McConaughey.

6.12.10 Sketchbook Page

641. Halcyon Snow

MOS 11.18.08 - Long drawing of Cliff