Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Sketching from "Nature" - "Woodpeckers" and "The Egg"

I of course like the episodes of "Nature" that cover the big famous Charismatic Megafauna (and I happen have an episode like that coming up for you later).  But I LOVE the episodes that focus on the little guys; especially animals I think I know by heart.  The delightfully entitled "Woodpeckers, the Hole Story" is just such an episode.  Turns out our little treekeeper dinosaur friends are at least as important architects of the ecosystem as beavers and termites.

 12.20.23 - "Nature: Woodpeckrs, The Hole Story"

12.20.23 - "Nature: Woodpeckrs, The Hole Story"

I'm pairing this episode with "Sir Attenborough and the Egg, Nature's Greatest Invention".  This was an incredibly good episode.

12.22.23 - "Nature: Attenborough and the Egg"

12.22.23 - "Nature: Attenborough and the Egg"