Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Jungle Eagle" Sketches

It's a new year, and over at Flickr, I started the customary yearly Sketch of the Day folder.  These are the first drawings I uploaded to that folder.  I'd wanted to watch the "Nature" episode "Jungle Eagle", about a team of biologists who go through a lot to record the life-cycle of a family of Harpies in Venezuela, for years but I always managed to miss it.  Thankfully, it and a bunch of other episodes of "Nature" have appeared on Netflix Instant.

These are all ballpoint pens on recycled Sketchbook paper.  A warning to all Tyrannosaurs I draw from now on: this is going to be my modern-day model/inspiration for you.  That crest!!!

1.18.14 - "Jungle Eagle" Sketches

1.18.14 - "Jungle Eagle" Sketches

1.18.14 - "Jungle Eagle" Sketches

1.18.14 - "Jungle Eagle" Sketches

1.18.14 - "Jungle Eagle" Sketches