Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Craft Fair Goodies!

I'm participating in a craft fair tonight! I wanted to do something different this year, so I decided to experiment with hand-painted ornaments.


Handpainted Christmas Ornaments 1

Here are some cheap glass bulbs, fresh from Big Lots. I got some Creamcolor craft paint, metallic markers, and ribbons from Michaels. I was a little intimidated, because I've heard that glass is a very unforgiving surface to paint on. Turns out this isn't necessarily the case.

Handpainted Christmas Ornaments 2

I'm starting in on a Cardinal ornament. There are times when you want to have a detailed sketch down before you make any mark in color, but in this case, I just went for it. Painted in the basic shapes layer by layer. It worked out very well.

Handpainted Christmas Ornaments 3

Here's the Cardinal about halfway done...

Handpainted Christmas Ornaments 6

And here's the finished set of bird ornaments.

Handpainted Christmas Ornaments 5

Not knowing what to do with the metallic ornaments, I went with a fantasy theme. The hard thing is not knowing what will sell best.

The craft fair is tonight and I figure whatever doesn't sell there will get sold on ebay eventually. Wish me luck!