Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Roger Rabbit is Our Easter Bunny - Let's Watch the 1992 WDW Easter Parade!

I think it's fair to say that the good folks at Retro WDW.com helped save a very very weird holiday weekend by sharing this particularly good seasonal weird vintage Disney Parks special.



Highlights include:

* - The commercials!  The ads for Sea World ("Make contact!!!"), Kissimmee St. Cloud, and "Adventures in Wonderland" especially slammed a nostalgia button I didn't know I had.
* - Roger Rabbit as a walk-around character!
* - Never mind him, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as walk-around characters?!
* - Never mind them, the Sinclair family from "Dinosaurs" as walk-around characters?!?  I bet you can't guess what song they get to dance to!!! 😔
* - The Spring Break montage!  Possibly cut down from an entire Spring Break at Disney Parks television special I seem to remember and which in hindsight feels ill-conceived.
* - The fabulous finale and musical number!  I don't have enough gigantic frilly dresses in my life.
* - The "Fantasmic" preview.  All of it.  The whole thing.  This is worth watching the entire special for because it is bonkers.  And very definitely something made in the immediate wake of "Home Alone".  Trust me, you'll be able to tell.

-----

Art!

Random Colorful Dinosaurs

3.23.20 - A Page O'Dinos