Friday, August 3, 2012

My Summer of Sequels Review Index


The full list of reviews from My Summer of Sequels.

During a time period roughly stretching between 1994 to 2008, Walt Disney Television Animation created nearly thirty dubious sequels to popular (or not) Disney Animated Canon features, nearly all of which went straight to video.  No, I did not watch each and every one of them, just the ones available via Netflix that are supposedly not terrible.  (And strictly speaking, I didn't have to watch any of them.)

This was a deeply strange and mostly regretful period in animation history.  Here are eight reasons why I call it the Dork Age:

* - "Pooh's Grand Adventure: the Search for Christopher Robin"

* - "Return to Neverland"

* - "The Jungle Book 2"

* - "The Lion King 1.5"

* - "Bambi 2"

* - "Brother Bear 2"

* - "Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time"

* - "The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning"

More -and far, far better- Animation Marathons

* - The Chronological Disney Animated Canon

* - Don Bluth Month

* - Dreamworks' "Tradigitals"

* - The Short Animation Blogathon

* - My Summer of Sequels

* - Random 90's Animation

* - The Princess Project