Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You know, I often wonder what the Olympics were like 1,000 years ago in the land of dragons and vikings...

Yeah. So about those "How to Train Your Dragon" commercials that have so far been ubiquitous during the Winter Olympics.
1) I now no longer want to see this movie. Like, ever. Which is too bad, as I was genuinely intrigued when I read that Chris Sanders was involved.
2) I can tell the announcers hate having to segue from the biathalon or whatever to these commercials.
3) Open letter to Dreamworks. If I ever see a poster or watch a trailer where you remind us that you are the studio that made "Shrek" again, I will... do... *something* ludicrous. Point is, we get it. We know who you are; you can stop reminding us.
4) I read the book How to Train Your Dragon a while back. What the hell book did the writers of this movie read?
5) The dragon is cute. :/

Don't get me wrong; I've been more into the Winter Olympics this year than I have since "Skategate" (ask your mom. Or Wikipedia.) Indeed, most of the commercials they've premiered during the Games have been better than the Superbowl commercials. I love the Coke snowball fight ad.
----
I seem to recall that Disney ran an ad or something saying that, if you've never seen "Lost" before, you'll still be able to follow the story. This writer has decided to take this statement on. The result is... it is truly a thing of beauty.

----
Sketch Of The day! Yet more Great Backyard Bird Count cuteness!
2.14.10 Sketchbook page