Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A Salute To All Nations, But Mostly America - Let's Watch "Walt Disney World's 15'th Birthday Celebration"!

I am going to celebrate a big momentous birthday in Walt Disney World!  And I really like to watch vintage Disney Park specials before heading down to The World.  I like to see what's changed, what's stayed the same, and what I missed out on.

And this time, I've found some really weird ones.  First up, we have a special celebrating what, in my opinion, was the most awesome Disney Parks anniversary of all, the fifteenth anniversary of Walt Disney World.  I think this might have even been one of my family's first trips.  Every fifteen minutes, someone entering the park would win a prize, and the decorations were terrific. 

This special doesn't focus on that at all.  Instead, we get half of the Golden Girls, a really strange tour of World Showcase, a reminder of how 3/4ths of the Monkees were everywhere in the 80's, a seemingly endless patriotic production narrated by Charlton Heston, and previews of upcoming attractions, including something about a "studio tour"...