Friday, July 7, 2017

Pardon Our Pixie Dust

Yeah... I have a mess of broken images; basically anything that wasn't hosted here or Flickr. I'm in the (long, long) process of fixing it, though.


7/7/17, 6:19 PM EST - Got all my images off the Image Hosting Service That Shall Not Be Named (except in the comments below, whoopsie-daisy). Tomorrow I'll do the part where I read my entire Blog in chronological order and fix the broken image links. (Cries quietly.)

7/8/17, 10:00 AM - Yup. Going to go through and fix all those broken image links and basically get rid of this ugly sucker that is freaking everywhere:


5:30 PM - My God, I'm not even done with 2009 yet...😰
Though I did skip around a little and fix nearly everything in the Chronological Disney Canon and the Dougal Dixon book posts.

7/9/17, 4:00 PM-ish - Ugh, this is (if you will forgive my language) such a sh*tshow.  I'm about as far as the basement cleanout of 2010.  Why'd I have to be so good about posting something at least twice a week back then?

8:00 PM - Worked backwards to switch things up a bit and now I'm somewhere in the middle of August 2015.  Gettin' there.

7/10/17, Noon-ish -  Archiving my Twitter so it'll be a little easier to convert The Princess Project and other Tweetmentaries to Storifys.  Go enjoy the "Frozen" Tweetmentary!

7/12/17, 3:00 PM - I realize I'm in the home stretch of converting the Princess Project Tweetmentaries...
Then I think of all the Vintage Paleoarts and trip reports... 

6:00 PM -But the Princess Project is all Storified and looks, if I may say, better than ever.  Go and enjoy!

7/13/17, 7:30 PM - I think, I THINK I have all the Animation marathons done.  Tomorrow, I tackle the vintage paleoart books.

7/14/17, 9:00 PM - And I think I'm done?  I think I'm done.  I get to reward myself with dinner now.

-----

7/18/17 - So now that the dust has settled and the blood has dried and the vomit has congealed,  and most importantly I have had a chance to rest, what is there left to say about this? 

I am, first of all an most of all, unspeakably angry that all of this happened and I can't believe it went down the specific way it did.  It also made me think of how God-damned ephemeral everything we ever do ultimately is, and I, like most human beings, hate that.  Thank you, a-holes behind the Image Hosting Service That Shall Not Be Named (except in the comments below, whoopsie-daisy), for making me think about this.  I do not like you and I hope you lose loads of users because of this.

I'm sad to say that a lot of quirkiness has had to go.  I'm using the default Blogger smilies instead of the ones that I've been collecting since - jeez, back in the Yesterdayland days.  I lost a lot of gardening photos but I'm not sure who ever came here for gardening advice anyway.  Thankfully, I think only two entire posts (both local comic convention trip reports) were lost altogether.  I was able to save all the really popular posts and for that I'm extremely grateful.

But boy, would I have liked to have not had to do any of this at all.