Wednesday, January 25, 2017

"I Will Carry You Here in My Heart You Remind Me!" Thoughts on Moana

Disney Animated Canon Movie #70*: "Moana"

Succinct review first: 😍

More so than any other animated Disney film of this new era, more so than even "Frozen", "Moana" hit me right square in the childhood.  It is damn near perfect.  I love everything about it.  Everything.

Okay, this could easily turn into a gush-fest, so let's get into specifics.  Above all else, I love Moana herself.  She's a fantastic character and such and awesome heroine.  The songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda are terrific.  The animation is gorgeous.  I love the themes of redemption and the triumph of love and life.  And my goodness, I love Maui!  I love my magic wrestler genie grandpa!

Ron Musker and John Clements are officially The Best and I eagerly await whatever they want to do next. 

For more posts in this ongoing series, go here, or click the Chronological Disney Animated Canon tag below.

* - Subject to change. See Friday's post.

-----

Art of the Day!

The Traditional Dog Show Studies!

11.27.16 - Dog Show Studies