Does anyone seriously remember a time when the 1974 Rankin Bass special "The Year Without a Santa Claus" was obscure? Trust me when I say it used to be. Now it's practically a standard with a sequel and everything:
* - Props to Cuppa Coffee studios for emulating the Rankin-Bass style reasonably well.
* - Except for Mrs. Claus' design in this special which is upsetting to me:
* - "The Year Jay Leno Became a Wind Elemental and Almost Ruined Christmas".
* - The reason this special exists is because the "Heatmiser" and "Snowmiser" songs were so damn catchy, and they do sing them here. The other songs are... not good.
* - They need to deliver toys all over the world. There's a hot weather guy and a cold weather guy. They have two sleighs. I can think of a solution to this problem and if you're better at geography then the writers of this special, you probably can too.
* - The Miser Brothers finally made the Nice List this year! And all they had to do was save Christmas!