Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Then there was that time Oprah spent a whole episode interviewing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Here's a breather post because the next couple of posts, especially the one prompted by a recent comment, are taking a while to write.  So until then, as probably the weirdest possible placeholder, have yet another helpful reminder of something I hope we never ever lose sight of:

Mother of God, the 1990's were so f**king strange...



You can't even believe how happy I am to have found this. I saw this episode when it aired and now I finally have irrefutable proof that this actually happened, that the "Coming Out of Our Shells" "live" tour actually happened, and that the whole thing was not a fever dream I had as a preteen.  Above all, I am glad to have proof that -and I reiterate this so as not to ignore the largest issue here- this is an actual event that actually happened on the actual "Oprah Winfrey Show" for the actual full hour of the show.

Now all I need is for someone to upload more than this tiny portion of the New Kids on the Block Christmas Special...

-----

Sketch of the Day!

Happy Year of the Snake!

2.10.13 - Year of the Snake!