I had to save something special for Christmas Eve, and oh, I think I found us a doozie. Last Christmas, I shared Progress City's upload of "Kraft Salutes the 10'th Anniversary of Walt Disney World", and dubbed it the "Star Wars Holiday Special" of Disney.
I may have spoke too soon. Take a look at this barrel of madness:
Young people, this is why us kids who were born in the end of the '70's are the way we are. Couple of things that stood out to me:
* - So, who would win in a fight? The Clinkers or Chewbacca's family?
* - That vulture is totally thinking, "I ought to be soaring majestically over the Balkans and here I am serving as window dressing for a bunch of soft-rock weenies."
* - Adult. Babies. 😱
* - The Gepetto scene is actually kind of touching. Then it gets weird. And finally they cut to, yep, more mimes.
* - You know, to be fair, at least this special actually takes place inside the Magic Kingdom for the most part.
* - Villains singing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen". Uh-huh.
* - The sing-along finale is nice but this is another one of those situations where I wonder what the real animals were thinking. (Aside from the obvious "Get me the eff out of here!")
* - OMG Shields can TALK!?!
Festive Older Art of the Day! I can't speak for the people who made the special we just watched, but I promise I was high on nothing but Christmas spirit when I made this:
Merry Christmas to all! See you sometime in January when I'll post something about dinosaurs again maybe.