Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Boothbay Harbor Weekend

Boothbay Harbor 2011

Boothbay Harbor is what people who have never visited coastal New England imagine the whole place to be like. Not that I blame them; the place is gorgeous and charming. And filled to busting with lighthouses, pine trees, and the occasional giant robot.

Boothbay Harbor 2011

Shops along the harbor.

Boothbay Harbor 2011

The beautiful rocky coastline held together with conifers.

Boothbay Harbor 2011

Eiders lounging on the rocks.

Boothbay Harbor 2011

Auks! Black Guillemots I think! It's hard to tell because they are clearly starting to moult into their winter plumage.

Boothbay Harbor 2011

Obligatory lighthouse up close photo.

Boothbay Harbor 2011

Obligatory lighthouse out in the distance photo.

Boothbay Harbor 2011

An evocative look at the sea and sky.

Boothbay Harbor 2011

And the stoney beaches in the rain squall that started on our departure day. (More on that in the next post.)

Boothbay Harbor 2011

I should have this kind of dedication. What is wrong with me that I don't?

Boothbay Harbor 2011

As I mentioned before, lots of lobsters were consumed during our trip. I... think I'm done with eating outside the tetrapod group for a long time after this.

-----

Art of the Day!

Impressions de Boothbay

9.5.11 - Boothbay Harbor