Tuesday, June 29, 2010

There are times when I am sad that illustrators and writers don't get a lot of attention.

But if the unintentionally hilarious/sad Famous Comic Book Creators trading cards made in 1992 and recently dug up by the Comics Alliance blog are the alternative, then I'm not so sad. Don't get me wrong, they are a great idea. A well-done set of trading cards highlighting genre artists and writers could be wonderful; maybe even a game a la "Authors".
The Comic Book Creators cards are... well, the *backs* of them are pretty cool, with brief biographies and lists of their works. But those photographs! What were they thinking!
Their photos for the three (just three!?!) female writers/artists are just...
*tragic*.

That Todd MacFarlane photo though...

----

Sketch of the day!
In-between having my sister take pictures of me being awesome (I was inspired by Todd MacFarlane), I drew this Velociraptor, who is also being awesome:

5.27.10 - Just the 'raptor