* - This is happening because of Tim "Where's the Guy Who Gave Us Large Marge" Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"
* - It is going to be part of a wave of
* - These are all going to involve (or have, in some cases, already involved) the most random film-makers imaginable.
* - They are currently planning for all these films to be, you guessed it, in 3 (f***ing) D.
* - Somewhere out there is a version of the folktale "Snow White" that I was unaware of** that involves a dragon. ** - As I have my Masters of Education with a focus on childrens media, this makes me feel sad.
* - This is, and I quote, "not your grandfather's Snow White."
In other Darker and Edgier (tm) news, dammitsomuch!!! No! Just, no! Bad studio! (Slaps studio.) Bad!!!
And in other depressing film news, we can't have nice things. Nice things like, say, a Wayne D. Barlowe designed Smaug. (Gee, I was just thinking that "The Hobbit" wasn't taking long enough.)
Addendum: In the words of Tinny Tim, "You built up my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Good show!"
Sketch of the Day! Let is counteract the sadness with a cute character design!