* - This is happening because of Tim "Where's the Guy Who Gave Us Large Marge" Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"
* - It is going to be part of a wave of
* - These are all going to involve (or have, in some cases, already involved) the most random film-makers imaginable.
* - They are currently planning for all these films to be, you guessed it, in 3 (f***ing) D.
* - Somewhere out there is a version of the folktale "Snow White" that I was unaware of** that involves a dragon. ** - As I have my Masters of Education with a focus on childrens media, this makes me feel sad.
* - This is, and I quote, "not your grandfather's Snow White."
Never thought I'd get to use this macro so early after making it last week:
In other Darker and Edgier (tm) news, dammitsomuch!!! No! Just, no! Bad studio! (Slaps studio.) Bad!!!
And in other depressing film news, we can't have nice things. Nice things like, say, a Wayne D. Barlowe designed Smaug. (Gee, I was just thinking that "The Hobbit" wasn't taking long enough.)
Addendum: In the words of Tinny Tim, "You built up my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Good show!"
Sketch of the Day! Let is counteract the sadness with a cute character design!