Wednesday, April 14, 2010

There are eleven "Scooby Doo" series now.

The latest series/season begins sometime this summer. You know, I was never a fan of Scooby (even as a kid, I could recognize a formulaic series and cheap animation), but I have to give Hanna-Barbera some props. The Mystery Machine gang has been at it since 1969.
Now this begs a question: Does this make "Scooby Doo" is the longest-running animated television series of all time? The issue preventing him from holding this record seems to be that there technically hasn't been one single "Scooby Doo" series running all this time. (Incidentally, I count maybe fourteen different series in which Scooby was involved, ranging from the original "Scooby Doo, Where Are You" to the very strange "Scooby Doo Movies" to the infamous "Scooby and Scrappy Doo" and the most recent [and also strange] "Shaggy and Scooby Get a Clue". As usual, my fellow OCD-sufferers at TV Tropes have made a good list. Mind you, this does not count any of the movies, cross-overs, ad infinitum.)
Wow... I... just wrote two paragraphs about "Scooby Doo". (Sits for a minute or two, utterly mystified.)
----
Sketch of the day!
Forgive the misspelling (it's just a sketch, so it's okay), but I think we may have to start some wild fan speculation about this soon:
Marker My Little Pony