Sunday, February 14, 2010

2010 Great Backyard Bird Count Live-Blogging part the second!

Sunday, 2/14/10
9:19 AM - Happy Valiumtime's Day! I got up early enough to see the woodpecker "couple" again. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........
----
2:30 PM - Well, I get to record one new species so far today. There's a fluffy Mourning Dove who's been chilling out in the pile of grass clippings, probably enjoying the heat.
The Nuthatches are starting to do this again:
"Fun In The Backyard!" - Episode 31
----
Monday, 2/15/10
1:00 PM - Went out to breakfast with my family. I can add thirty Starlings and six Herring Gulls to the big list. Man, I am going to forget that today is also a Feederwatch count day.

12:04 AM - Been a long, weird day. But I got to go into Boston a little and here's the final tally for the weekend:

Habitat(s):
deciduous woods
suburban
urban
freshwater
salt water

Species Count
Canada Goose 10
Herring Gull 25
Great Black-backed Gull 2
Rock Pigeon 15
Mourning Dove 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 18
Black-capped Chickadee 3
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
European Starling 18
Northern Cardinal 1
House Sparrow 25