Monday, December 21, 2009

Last-minute Awesome Christmas Things!

12.20.09 - _Junco hyemalis_
Well, fellow New Englanders, I hope you are all enjoying the snowy Solstice. I drew this little Junco yesterday. I hadn't seen snowbirds all year, so I was happy to see a small flock in my backyard all day. It felt Christmassy. I had filled the feeders the night before on a whim and there wasn't a flake until well after midnight.
Now for some stuff that's too funny/scary not to share:
12.10.09 - Doodles from after I watched "Babes in Toyland" the whole way through for the first time.
Yes, this is silly and more than a little sloppy, but I had to make a point here. The Disney Channel used to show their version of "Babes in Toyland" over and over around Christmastime. I never actually watched the whole movie the whole way through, but I must have seen most of these scenes anyway, tuning in to TDC hoping they'd be showing anything else. This might also explain why I was surprised at how short it was. Anyone else have an experience like this?

Updates will resume in January. Everybody have a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year!
12.5.09 - Jackalope Christmas