Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Why are the cute ones always insane?"

Forgive me if my "Simpsons"-quoting-Fu is a little off.  

Ah, TetZoo (the lovely Tetrapod Zoology Blog), how I love you. I have not sung your praises enough, but you teach me new things about animals I thought I knew everything there was to know about (or at least enough). And just recently, you taught me that Ti... er, Paridae have been known to wreck the guano out of Pipistrelle bats. Seriously. (NOTE: There are some graphic photos in that link that aren't appropriate for small children or big babies. That poor bat.)

Dude.
Dude!
Really, I wish I could come up with a more eloquent word or phrase with which to verbalize my reaction to this, but...
dude...
On a lighter note, and on the subject of blogs in my reading list thingie, I found this little stop-motion slice of awesome whilst doing an archive binge of Cake Wrecks:



I love how each different kind of frosting has their own personality and style of movement. It just goes to show that there are some concepts that a certain animation technique is just perfect for.
(Speaking of Cake Wrecks, my favorites are screaming Hannah Montana,
this hilariously inappropriate "video games theme cake", clearly based upon the first interesting thing that turned up during a Google image search for "Video Game", and this truly horrifying edible reenactment of birth trauma.)
I am retaining the "two posts a week" for the next few weeks, as I am going to be working on a Super Special Awesome project starting next week. I don't know how much I can talk about it here, but I have to have it done by the end of the month.
I hate to be cryptic, but when the time is right, you'll learn more.