Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I was following the pack all swallowed in their coats...

Hello, my name is Tricia and I am a recovering AOL user who has spent the past two weeks being blown away by the Awesome that is Firefox. And so...


Why don't I tie up a few loose ends while I'm here:
* - I finished "Justice League Unlimited" and it was unspeakably awesome.
* - I've watched "Escape to Witch Mountain" for the first time since elementary school. Of all the G-rated live-action 70's Disney movies, this is easily the G-rated live-action 70's Disney movie-est. I haven't got the slightest idea why this story warrants revisiting.
* - I watched the first season of "Entourage" and enjoyed it once I realized that we're not necessarily expected to like these characters.
* - I watched "Horton Hears a Who" and it was... decent. The character animation was excellent and it was the only feature-length Dr. Seuss book-based movie that didn't give me a violent reaction.
* - I watched "Hellboy 2" and just basked in the Wayne D. Barlowe-designed awesome. I am very excited to see what DelToro does with The Hobbit. (A Barlowe-Smaug would make me very happy.)
* - After reading about the Pine Siskin invasion during the Great Backyard Bird Count, I got a finch sock (King Gerald's Banquet Hall!) just to see what would show up. I haven't hung it yet but will do so soon after posting this.

I hope to start on reviewing the various Animal Anatomy for Artists (henceforth AA4A) books I've mentioned a while ago. Be prepared for some very, very long posts.
By the way, if I got Fleet Foxes stuck in your head (not that that's a bad thing), this is probably the best way to get them out.