Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Sketchbook


1.7.09 - When/How the Magic Happens.
Originally uploaded by Babbletrish


I am going back to basics with this new Sketchbook, which is almost identical to the first ones I ever used. It is a Seth Cole Premium Sketch Big Book that I picked up at the print shop that was kind enough to produce my promotional items. (Thank you once again Signal Graphics.) It's 5.5 by 8.5 inches, spiral bound, and (see what a big difference this makes) contains 110 glorious pages of 60 lb. lightly textured white drawing paper. Not oak tag, not handmade paper, just good old drawing paper that scans beautifully, likes wet media, and loves dry media. As the kids say, w00t.

The above photo shows the materials I liked to use in my first Sketchbooks and which I still prefer. I was in the middle of a portrait of a female Cardinal when I took this picture. Here's the end result.