Monday, March 16, 2020

Let's Binge "Gargoyles"!

I can't offer you much in these Interesting Times, but I can offer you some recommendations what to binge watch while we're all stuck indoors.

I've done a few series marathons in the past in the good/bad old pre-streaming days and thankfully it's easier than ever to binge some of my favorites like "Gummi Bears" and "Fraggle Rock".  The former is available with Disney+ over which quite a lot of digital ink has been spilled and my extremely controversial opinion is that it is Good.  For one thing, it enabled me to finally, finally binge "Gargoyles", something I've been meaning to do since at least the late 90's and has been really difficult, up until Disney+ gave ready access to nearly every Disney Afternoon series.

Here's the trip report.  It gets a little spoilery the further in I get so either read it after or watch along with me.  My other really controversial opinion is that "Gargoyles" is excellent; easily one of the best animated series of the 1990's.  I'd go as far as to say that this is a series that tells as elaborate an ongoing saga with as well-developed characters as "Game of Thrones" except it's much more consistently good at it.

All that and you're internal dialogue will be voiced by Keith David for a while.

-----

Art!

Puck and Goliath