Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Animal Kingdom Drawings

With any luck, I'll be seeing "Zootopia" soon and will add another glowing (Or not?!?  Nah, I'll probably like it a lot.) review to the giant pile.  Until then, Disney animals of another sort:

2.18.16 - Animal Kingdom
I hadn't ever seen the African Wild Dogs/Painted Wolves/Lycaon pictus before on the safari.  I think they were added rather recently.  Beautiful, cool animals.  So of course the driver introduced them as "The nastiest animals on the savanna."  Of course.
2.18.16 - Animal Kingdom
2.18.16 - Animal Kingdom
I've a hell of a story to go along with the above lioness and zebra.  We'd just made the turn around the lion habitat and there's a zebra standing in the road.  The lioness became very interested in this.  The folks at the back of the jeep started freaking out because they could not see the zebra, so they were sure the lion was very interested in *us*.  I knew we were safe as kittens (1. It's Disney World and 2. moats!), and the situation diffused almost immediately after the zebra moseyed on, but yikes.

Also, while I will spare you the photograph (which as blurry as hell, hence no drawing either), we got to see endangered baboons -er- in the process of making themselves a little less endangered if you catch my drift.  The realest sh*t right there, in Disney's Animal Kingdom.
2.18.16 - Animal Kingdom
2.18.16 - Animal Kingdom
I don't understand why skipping the fruit bats is even an option.
2.18.16 - Animal Kingdom