Saturday, May 25, 2013

"The Secret Life of Deer" Sketches

Well.  I guess it's obvious by now that I had to take an unscheduled hiatus.  Nothing terrible or depressing prompted it, I just got bogged down with work in real life that turned out to be more involved than initially anticipated.

The worst thing, really, is how quickly I lost the "I HAVE to have a new blog post up each week" feeling.  I'm going to try and get back on track as soon as possible.  There's quite a bit to write about now.  I'll start writing a couple of posts about the vintage paleoart pictures I found lying around on my hard drive right after posting this one.  I got this year's Victory Garden started so I'll hopefully be able to talk about that once it stops raining.  I haven't had a chance to watch "Dinotasia" or any number of documentaries on YouTube yet, and I really ought to have some kind of Ray Harryhausen tribute.

Oh, and at some point, just to warn you, I am very definitely going to need to address the suddenly-sparkly, suddenly-cheekless Scottish Princess in the room.  That last item might actually prompt this summer's Themed Animated Film Marathon, one that hopefully won't make me lose my male readership...

But in the meantime, have some sketches I drew while watching the "Nature" episode, "The Secret Life of Deer".  (Turns out deer are a lot easier to draw when you have a live model standing in front of you.  See the wonky leg anatomy in the first sketch?  Oof.)  And a happy Towel Day to all! 

"The Secret Life of Deer" Sketches

"The Secret Life of Deer" Sketches

"The Secret Life of Deer" Sketches

"The Secret Life of Deer" Sketches