Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pictured: a Hoofed Mammal. Whale Watch Watercolors!

This almost got lost in the shuffle, and I'd have hated myself if I didn't post anything about it. 

Late last month, my aunt and I went on a whale watch on the Odyssey out of Portland, Maine.  Having followed the New England Aquarium's Twitter, I knew this year was an unusually rich one for whale-watch cruises.  We saw lots of pelagic seabirds, a whole herd of White-Sided Dolphins, and a family of Humpback Whales. 

Here are my artistic impressions (ah, jeez, that sounds so square) of what we saw:

9.3.12 - Whale Watch Impressions

9.3.12 - Whale Watch Impressions

9.3.12 - Whale Watch Impressions

9.3.12 - Whale Watch Impressions

9.3.12 - Whale Watch Impressions

Incidentally, whales = artiodactyls blows my mind more thoroughly than birds = theropods.