Thursday, February 10, 2011

Geeky Ways to Mark the Year of the Rabbit



Just off the top of my head, since I have to admit I'm still in a bit of an emotional freefall sometimes. (The fact that it is it's downright dangerous to go for a walk outside with all the ice and pedestrian-hiding huge snowbanks isn't helping.)


Contribute to 700 Bunnies!
Yes, please. I need to step up to this one myself as I lost the thread sometime two years ago. There are still plenty of Bunnies left to be drawn. Wouldn't it be awesome if we got through the list together by this time next year?
Have a Battery Commercial Film Festival!
Because who doesn't have a soft spot for that lovable pink drum-playing scamp? I am of course referring to... the
Duracell Bunny.



Yes, he's faded into obscurity, but Duracell had a pink, drum-playing bunny mascot for a very long time. He has since been retired, thanks to the ad campaign that started with this commercial:

Do a Rabbit-Like Pokemon Only Speed Run
If you have lots of free time. And, err, good luck with it. (Depending on the particular game, you will be relegated to Pikachu, of course, Wigglytuff, Nidoran, Plusle/Minun, Azumarill and Slutbunny Lopunny. This might actually be better than it sounded at first glance.)
Three Words: Bugs Bunny Marathon
Need more be said? Although, on that note, I think this is the year I should start seeking out more Weird Loony Tunes Things. (I've had a lot of Weird Disney Things mostly because they are easier to find and, well, there is a metric boatload of it and in quite an astonishing variety too.)
Then again, the lovely Misce-Loony-ous blog has essentially got that niche filled. They did uncover one of my favorite Loony oddities:



WHY do they keep turning the Loony Tunes into superheroes?! There is no reason for them to be superheroes (except that one Chuck Jones "Super Rabbit" short)!

----

Feederwatch Thursday! Other People's Art of the Day!

Yeah... Have this instead:



It is a short promo piece for "Inception" and while it's just a little "PLEEEEASE vote for us, Academy!"-y (JUST a little), I hadn't seen the interviews or behind-the-scenes footage before. It's very cool, especially since it shows you that Christopher Nolan really was determined to use practical effects whenever possible, without giving away too much. The short contains the mildest of spoilers.



This was also too amazing not to share. And while I don't have all the training and experience Rob Pratt has had, it makes me wonder why I haven't sat down and made my own one-minute short. Best thing is, he GETS Superman.

----

Aw heck, Feederwatch Thursday!

Sharp-shinned Hawk 1 -- Yeah... you will see sketches of her later.
Blue Jay 1
Black-capped Chickadee 2
Carolina Wren 1
Northern Cardinal 2
House Sparrow 11

----

Sketch of the Day!

Bunnies! Bunnies bunnies bunnies bunnies... foreshadowing?

12.27.10 Sketchbook Page