Thursday, March 18, 2010

Something I drew is on the cover of a magazine.

I am very excited about this news, which I just got after checking my email (I was having an Internet-free week at Disney. By the way, remember those halcyon days when you could go for half a month away from the Internet and not miss anything important?) So if you'll indulge me, I need to be immature for a second here:

Yaaaaay!!! Hey, it's the first time I've been published in dead tree recycled post-consumer paper (I hope) form! Anyway, here is the email announcement:
The line-up for this next issue of IF-X, "April Fools" is as

follows:
Cover: "The Dumbest Bunny" by Tricia Arnold (OMG That's MEEEEE!!! I drew the Dumbest Bunny! My baby's being published!!!)
"The Adventures of StupidBoy" by Matt Feazell
"Suburban Heroes" by Terence Cover and Tom R.
"Best Prank Ever" by Michael Marcus
"Hans Beucher: Devil Baker" by George McVey
"Dorm Disasters" and "Witness Protection" by James Mascia and Mike Bunt
"Fearman: April Fools" by Thomas Jankowski
"Gas Pains" by Dino Caruso and Paul Houston
"Doveman and Pandaboy" by Mike Theis and Nick Mueller
Back Cover: "April the Fool" by Michele Witchipoo
...Congratulations, and thank you for taking the time to participate--
I love putting out IF-X, and I certainly could not do it without
each of you. Eventually, when this is making more money, I'll be
able to pay in more than just comp copies!
All the best,
Michael Marcus
Hamtramck Idea Men

You can purchase this issue or any back issue of IF-X for around three dollars at the Hamtramck Idea Men website. I might, as the song suggests, have to order five copies for my mother.
----
In other happy news from the email inbox, as soon as I finish writing this, I'll be responding to my invite to join Art Evolved as a member. Which is wonderful, because even though I like comic art, I definitely want to learn more about the field of natural history illustration. Freelance illustration is one of the few fields where it's actually good to have your fingers in a variety of pies.
----
Feederwatch Thursday!
Thanks to the scary rainstorm, there wasn't much going on here. But the Crocuses have started to bloom in that one sunny spot!
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 3
Black-capped Chickadee 2
House Sparrow 7
----
Sketch Finished Piece of the Day!
Ba-hahahahaha...
"Fun in the Backyard!" - Episode 40
----
And last but not least, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Annoying Negative Ethnic Stereotype Reinforcement Day St. Patrick's Day!
Here is a review of an excellent Irish movie for you at the Realm.