Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Making Christmas / Making Christmas / is so fine..."


OK, readers (both of you). I'll level with you. I don't think I have it in me to do any kind of Advent Calendar or daily post for this holiday season. And yet, part of me thinks I can, as I've got lots I could talk about. I can see myself scheduling posts to go up each morning when I have free time (or not); meanwhile I'll be going crazy in real life doing things like this:

That's about one quarter of our Christmas stuff. I spent most of yesterday getting it out of the boxes. I'll spend much of this week making it pretty.
We shall see what happens. In the meantime, Nessie has a gift guide up.
And this has nothing to do with the holiday season, but it begs to be shared. Here is a well thought out argument, care of CHUD.com, for why David Cronenberg must direct the movie version of the last "Twilight" book. Spoilers galore, needless to say. There is also lots of naughty language, but here's the thing. I don't think a few F-words are going to do any permanent damage to your "Twilight" fangirl daughters. Especially when they've already read about (and can't un-read about) a
vampire fetus who is not only capable of projecting her thoughts into her father's mind -which is plenty disturbing on it's own- but is also capable of kicking hard enough to shatter her mother's spine.

Oh, by the way, "Charlie Brown Christmas" is on tonight, as well as something called "Prep and Landing". The latter is one of those newbie Christmas specials that gets advertised seemingly every twenty minutes in every imaginable media, to the point where one is either pumped to see it finally or (more likely) already sick of it.
And, the funny thing is, it'll probably be postponed for the Presidential Address.