Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome new readers from your tired (but very happy) hostess.

As usual, let's have some art (from last year, but still awesome) first. Click to go to the Flickr page and see the larger version.
98. Candycorn
I'll have my Comicon thoughts after they're organized. Heck, I am probably going to wait until after Halloween and devote the entire next week to it. It is going to take me a long time to sort through my freebies, purchases, photos, sketches, and contacts.
It was a very long and exhausting weekend in general, but I had a lot of fun and met a lot of really awesome people and exchanged lots of postcards with other illustrators. Illustration isn't a very social career choice, so anytime large numbers of artists get to talk face-to-face is fantastic.
I actually ran out of promotional postcards about an hour before I left - but that's definitely a good thing.
To anyone joining the Blog after meeting me there, welcome! I'll be writing about drawing, animation, film, literature, and anything else interesting that comes up. For those of you standing, please hold on to the handrails throughout our journey and stay clear of the doors. For the comfort of others, no smoking please. Thank you, and welcome to our highway in the sky!
----
But because it's holiday-appropriate, if Mario and Princess Toadstool are reading, the "Twilight" features can be read here and here.
And if anyone still needs to find a costume for Saturday, I have some last-minute suggestions at The Realm.
I you have a Geocities website, you have until tonight to rescue it!